A well-priced carpet tile with a choice of 9 plains and 3 co-ordinated stripes. Manufactured in Europe using the same yarns for complete colour integration, with the credentials of a medium branded range!
- Perfect for all commercial areas
- Available in 12 popular colourways; plains & stripes
- Cost-effective office, education, & contract solution
- 5-year moderate wear classification class 31
- Highly durable in comparison to budget polypropylenes
Essentials is a solution dyed polypropylene carpet tile range with a class 31 moderate commercial rating.
This tile perfect for student accommodation/office spaces/and any other areas that require a cost-effective carpet tile solution with the attributes of a Db Rating of 21dB, which is higher than the industry standard needed (currently 19 dB).
It also benefits from being anti-static and colourfast, and with its 5 year wear warranty makes this range a real winner!
|Product definition||Tufted loop pile|
|Pile fibre||100% Solution dyed polypropylene|
|Pile weight ISO 8543||400 gr/m2 ± 5%|
|Pile height ISO 1766||2.9 mm ± 5%|
|Tile backing||Bitumen with fibreglass scrim|
|Total thickness ISO 1765||4.5 mm ± 5%|
|Total weight ISO 8543||3700 gr/m2 ± 7.5%|
|Tile size||50 x 50 cm|
|Abrasion ISO 12951||Pass|
|Dimensional stability EN 986||Pass|
|Luxury/comfort EN 1307||Class 1|
|Sound absorption ISO 140-8||21dB|
|Reaction to fire EN ISO 11925-2 EN ISO 9239-1||Cfl-s1|
|Hot metal nut test BS 4790||Low radius|
|Tiles per box||20 (5m2)|
|Wear warranty||5 years moderate contract|
Carpet Tile Benefits
For the majority of projects, carpet tiles are a superior choice both practically and in terms of design.
One of the main reasons architects and designers, not to mention floor fitters , choose to work with carpet tiles is the ease with which they can be installed.
- Carpet tiles are easy to lift and transport, making it easier to get them on the job site undamaged, in the first place.
- Because they’re pre-backed, carpet tiles can be installed directly onto the subfloor, eliminating the need for underlays. This saves a lot of time and effort, not to mention money.
- Carpet tiles don’t always need to acclimatise or settle in place for 24 hours before they are laid.
- Less waste; carpet tiles generate minimal waste in the fitting stage. This is because very little cutting, or adjustment, is needed for tiles to fit a given space. This is particularly true of rooms with many nooks and odd angles.
- You can expect a waste of around 1-3 %. Less waste means less money spent, but is also attractive for clients concerned sustainability.
We are confident you will find Essentials equally compatible to many of our competitors in today’s market place.
Essentials carpet tiles are:
- Solution dyed polypropylene
- Have a 5 year moderate contract wear warranty
- Has a class 31 wear classification
- Has a dB rating (21dB) greater than the BS standard (19dB)
- European manufactured
Essentials is comparable to:
- JHS Rimini
- CFS Modena
- Paragon Macaw
- Abingdon Unity